[dundee] Google's Response to the MS bid for Yahoo

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Mon Feb 4 11:08:43 GMT 2008

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 10:32:38 +0000, Barry Carr wrote:

> Gary Short wrote:
> > http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/yahoo-and-future-of-internet.html
> >
> That doesn't pull any punches, does it?
>
> I can't really see either the EU or the DoJ letting this deal
> through, to be honest. MS has too much anti-competitive form to be
> trusted. In addition, I couldn't see the FCC allowing Google to buy
> Yahoo either for obvious reasons.

As someone noted recently. The only asset Yahoo (Yawho?) has is flickr
and Microsoft is going to put themselves way into the red purchasing
them. Then they'll waste time and more money converting everything over
to windows/asp/sql server etc.

So DO let the deal go through and let Microsoft self -destruct.

Andrew