[dundee] Google's Response to the MS bid for Yahoo

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:11:40 GMT 2008

they already are.

when a tiny ball of something blows up or implodes, it does it perceptably
quickly, with a quick pop.  when something as planetarily massive as
microsoft pops, it does so rather slower...  this is the rumble we've been
hearing for a while.  the death of an old stubborn way clinging on with
frictionless like grip to the swift better way charging away past carving
the larger future.

and we all like large futures. :D

bye bye prioprietary as we've known it, bye-bye.

:)

to the rest of whats previously been said on this...

oh dear, oh so much chatter about the market giants of bizniz.
... are we not FSF idealists?  STALLMAN FOREVER!  (oh what an unfortunate
name for inspirational cause leading cheer)
call me antipoliticalleftism names, but are any of us overlooking perhaps
one of the greatest and most consistently strengthening market forces?  ooee
tha pee pole!  (we the people)

or is it not considered "market" in a digital free sharing comunity?

let's slap some appreciation pay on it then...  lets start getting handy
with easy one click payment integration across the board.

just a suggestion thrown into the fractal.  :D

On 04/02/2008, Andrew Clayton <andrew at digital-domain.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 10:32:38 +0000, Barry Carr wrote:
>

> > Gary Short wrote:
> > >
> http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/yahoo-and-future-of-internet.html
> > >
> > That doesn't pull any punches, does it?
> >
> > I can't really see either the EU or the DoJ letting this deal
> > through, to be honest. MS has too much anti-competitive form to be
> > trusted. In addition, I couldn't see the FCC allowing Google to buy
> > Yahoo either for obvious reasons.
>
> As someone noted recently. The only asset Yahoo (Yawho?) has is flickr
> and Microsoft is going to put themselves way into the red purchasing
> them. Then they'll waste time and more money converting everything over
> to windows/asp/sql server etc.
>
> So DO let the deal go through and let Microsoft self -destruct.
>

> Andrew

The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is
not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim or Minbari. It speaks in the
language of hope; It speaks in the language of trust; It speaks in the
language of strength, and the language of compassion. It is the language of
the heart and the language of the soul. But always, it is the same voice. It
is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, And the voice of our
inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: We
are one. No matter the blood; skin; world; star; We are one. No matter the
pain; darkness; loss; fear; We are one. Here, gathered together in common
cause. we agree to recognise this singular truth, and this singular rule:
That we must be kind to one another, because each voice enriches us and
ennobles us, and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the
Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better
future. We are one.