[dundee] virtual win in a copy2ram?

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:05:46 GMT 2008

The copy2ram feature is normally used for CD/DVD and USB flash e.g. in Slax:
http://www.geocities.com/slaxfansite/#ram

or from hard disk to RAM in Ubuntu:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BootToRAM

It gives obvious performance benefits if you want to play with things.
I suppose having lots of installed RAM, coping your virtual image to
RAM, and using your virtualisation software to run the image from RAM,
in theory it would give better performance (if you want to go to all
that bother). I have never really thought about this before as you are
limited in RAM on 32-bit systems and Windows normally has a bigger
footprint, could you manage it O.K.?

Gordon