[dundee] user mount locations

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 25 14:48:31 GMT 2008

I'm sorry, I wrote the post when I was very tired and was being
deliberately vague as I knew my project was a pointless endeavor and I
didn't know if I'd continue with it. Basically I'm writing a script to
mount a loopback filesystem (probably ext3) temporarily, run the
contents (by default the same as the name of the loopback file) and
unmount it, basically I think I'm going to use it for backing up my
previous projects more neatly as I can keep them as one "file" and still
run and edit them without having to go through the whole untar, make
changes/run, re-tar etc.
I have tried in a 777 directory, I've made sure the loopback file is 777
(777 just for testing, would be reduced once it worked) it's still
saying that only root may mount.