[dundee] Ubuntu Install RAID 1 + LVM is a no go..

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 11:59:37 BST 2008

Okay,

I've been messing around with raid 1 and lvm , before you tell me that software
raid is a bad idea, I know, I'm just playing around with it.

However, the ubunutu installer refuses to let me setup up a raid1 (md0) mirror,
with a lvm on top of that... is that normal..or is that a bug? or impossible configuration.

I can't see why I can't use a raid device (md0) as part of volume group? I think
it may be the installer that somewhat damaged?

Hope you can help.

Cheers,
Lee