[dundee] Fun Linux Commands was - New member

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:22:37 UTC 2008

A fun thing to do with grep is search for swear words from the Linux source
code. (The source code for Linux by the way, is usually found in
/usr/src/linux:)

grep -r crap /usr/src/linux/

/usr/src/linux/include/asm-ia64/pal.h:/* Machine Check related crap */
/usr/src/linux/include/asm-sparc/floppy.h:/* We don't need no stinkin' I/O
port allocation crap. */

replace crap with any other word or swear word.

to install the linux source code for your kernel
*sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)*

azmodie
--
" Due to the speed of light being faster than the speed of sound people
often look bright until they speak"