[dundee] IRC?

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Sun Oct 5 22:02:20 UTC 2008

Hi Gordon,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 05:43:09PM +0100, gordon dunlop wrote:
> 2008/9/28 Dan Bolser <dan.bolser at gmail.com>:
> > * Looking up dundee.lug.org.uk
> > * Connecting to dundee.lug.org.uk (217.147.93.68) port 6667...
> > * Connection failed. Error: Connection refused
> >
> > ??
> >
> The Dundee web site and associated IRC channel is down.

The IRC server provided by lug.org.uk was unaffected so should still
be working.  The name for this has been "irc.lug.org.uk" for a long
time.

> The lug.org.uk server is being rehashed where the U.K. LUG
> websites will be on a Xen VM. I do not know when it will be back
> up as the U.K. LUG administrators are doing their best, I will
> make an announcement when everything is back up and running
> normally.

We (the lug.org.uk admins) are needing those responsible for LUG web
sites to contact us at admin at lug.org.uk to discuss what you want
done with your sites, so you do need to do this.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB