[dundee] DRM - Making people criminals (either way)

Gary Short gary at garyshort.org
Tue Oct 14 11:22:22 UTC 2008

For me the argument against DRM is very simple. In this country the
government make the laws and they are refined by the courts. Now, with laws
like the DMCA etc, which state that it is illegal to circumvent DRM, it is
big companies that make the law. Whatever "rights" they code into their DRM
solution become the definition of copyright law, because to circumvent the
DRM is illegal.

So now corps are making laws (regarding copyright) not our government and
courts, and that cannot be a good thing.

Cheers,
Gary
http://www.garyshort.org

Checked by AVG.