[dundee] resolutions problem

Daniel Lamb daniel.lamb at openyourwindows.com
Sat Oct 18 18:53:17 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I wa just wondered if anyone has ever had problemsinstall ubuntu on the
intel 915 chipset, I have an acer travelmate 4050 which im trying to get
the screen res working on properly, currently it is only getting
1024x768 and is doing my head in, have tried 915resolution hack and
adding parts in the xorg.conf file.

As far as I can see the problem is that the monitor is "unknown' which
obviously doesnt help but my attempts at manually entering the details
for this just ends in the display resolution staying at 1024x768,
obviously im doing something wrong but was wondring if anyone had any
ideas how to fix it?

Cheers,
Daniel