[dundee] Open DNS.org - gone?

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:58:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk> wrote:

> The .org site now resolves to the advertising .com site. I've taken to
> using
> http://www.dnsserverlist.org/ instead.
>

> --
>
> Robert Ladyman
> File-Away Limited, 32 Church Street, Newtyle
> Perthshire, PH12 8TZ SCOTLAND
> Registered in Scotland, Company Number SC222086
> Tel: +44 (0) 1828 898 158
> Mobile: +44 (0) 7732 771 649
> http://www.file-away.co.uk

I was looking for or thinking of writing a script to update resolve.conf
dynamically to the top three calculated DNS servers for my IP.

I've not found any so far. so looks like i'm writing my script. on that
point can anyone recommend thebest way to update resolv.conf. should i edit
directly or usesomething like resolvconf script. although i dont belive this
packageisavailableformy freerunner.

.. ahh looks like its already on my freerunner (resolvconf). although it
dosent seem to work yet or being used.

azmodie
--
" Due to the speed of light being faster than the speed of sound people
often look bright until they speak"