[dundee] Open DNS.org - gone?

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 14:46:04 UTC 2008

Should be easy enough to whip up a shell script using Curl, I'd edit
the file directly within the script. You might need to do some extra
tweaking if you get addresses via DHCP check out
/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf and /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script easy enough to
do. Then just restart networking.

Personally I always prefer clients to resolve via an internal DNS
setup than giving them direct access, I like to test forwarders/open
resolvers before I use them and no go for speed alone as in the past
I've done such things as redirect every fifth request to kittenwar.
Right now I'm using dnsmasq with a list of trusted resolvers,
strict-order switched on and a few other setup specific configuration
options. I always have a resolver on my rented server also, ready to
be turned on should I need it.

Kris