[dundee] Broadband Providers

Simon Wells swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 12:20:07 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

I am considering changing my broadband provider from demon.net to
something else. Does anybody have any suggestions for good providers?
(I cannot get cable so will stick with ADSL for the time being).

I am leaning towards ukfsn.org at the moment, they have scaleable
bandwidth allowances so I don't get too penalised for heavy usage,
just shifted up into the next band, and they actually have a way to
track how much you have transferred, rather than surprising you with a
restriction. Also their donation of profits to free software projects
is having a large effect on my decision at the moment. Nevertheless, I
thought that I would try here for more suggestions before making a
final decision.

Simon

Dr. Simon Wells

E-mail: 	swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
IM: 		sw3lls at yahoo.co.uk
Mail: 	School of Computing,
		Queen Mother Building,
		University of Dundee,
		Dundee, DD1 4HN.
WWW: 	http://www.computing.dundee.ac.uk/staff/swells/
Phone: 	+44 (0)1382 386 526
Fax:		+44 (0)1382 385 509 (FAO: Simon Wells)