[dundee] Change of Distro - light blue touchpaper and retire

Huntly Cameron huntly.cameron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 01:11:35 UTC 2009

I used to use suse pro back when it was 9.2.   Since it was my first ever
distro I've always had a soft spot for suse.  However, I tried the openSuse
a few months ago, just before the xmas holidays, and didnt like it at all.
And it didnt like my wireles either!

I gave Arch a bash over the christmas holidays cause I had nothing better to
do.  It worked fine for me and was fairly simple-ish to get up and running.
(easier than LFS which I tried during exam time. But not as easy as the some
of the big main distros out there)

System req's are low and the package management system is pretty easy to
use.

Only problem I had with it was wireless.  (am begining to think nothing
likes my wireless) However, one lan cable later and it was solved! :-p

Huntly Cameron
e: huntly.cameron at gmail.com