[dundee] Moving forward with Linux

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Fri Feb 27 11:13:26 UTC 2009

----- lug at seany.us wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> For using Webmin for web hosting you'll need to purchase Virtualmin
> which isn't the cheapest. I would also consider webmin/virtualmin
> unsuitable for a production hosting environment.
>
> I would highly recommend DirectAdmin, it is what we use. It is
> regarded as second to cPanel though I would rank it much higher,
> simply because it does not cripple your system like the other control
> panels, you are free to do whatever you like with them.
>
> DirectAdmin is available for cheaper than their price of $30/month if
> purchased through a dedicated server / vps company.

I would have thought that following is the better solution. Pure OSS, fully featured etc.:

http://www.ispconfig.org/

Support is available too.

DirectAdmin is on Exim though, above is Postfix/Sendmail. Depends on preference. But distro support
is wider I think on above.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry at suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html