[dundee] SCaLE 7X Conference

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 28 22:01:59 UTC 2009

Southern California Linux Expo has had its recent conference, this is the
speaker program:

http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/conference-info/speakers

Whilst some speakers provide their presentations with the program others
only provide an abstract. I will give you all a couple of interesting talks
with presentation downloads.
For the ethical hackers regarding malicious code injection :

http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/conference-info/speakers/anthony-lineberry

For Fedora users we have Clint Savage West Regional Ambassador for the
U.S.A.:

http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/conference-info/speakers/clint-savage

I laughed at his blog because he was apprehensive about meeting Jono Bacon,
the Ubuntu  Community Manager (No flame wars please):

http://sexysexypenguins.com/2009/02/20/fedora-remix-tomorrow-at-scale-7x/

All you have do Clinty is play good guitar music prior to your presentation.

Linux Chix of the conference? Well it has to be 'Stormy Peters', the
executive director of the Gnome Foundation:

http://www.stormyscorner.com/

You don't mess with her, why do you think she is called "Stormy"?

I will post the SCaLE 7x videos when they are put on their server, in the
meantime here are last years's videos for the Linux addict:

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/blog/2008/05/25/scale-6x-video-online/

Talking about videos here is one on Ted Ts'o, CTO of the Linux Foundation
at the recent Fosdem Conference in Belgium:

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/video_ted_ts_o_on_ext4_btrfs_and_first_steps_with_linux

As you will probably know Microsoft is now in a lawsuit with TomTom
regarding Linux Technology:;;

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/microsoft_s_battle_with_tomtom_shape_of_things_to_come

Big fat ass Steve thinks he is going to win:

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-files-suit-linux-violates-our-patents-2009-2

The Linux Foundation has produced a statement:

http://www.h-online.com/open/The-Linux-Foundations-opinion-on-Microsoft-versus-TomTom--/news/112736

I am going with the true Linux Chix, Pamela Jones:

Yes Pamela we will be watching your website over the next few weeks,
(Slobber,Slobber, don't tell anyone that the TayLUG Administrator is in love
with you - plenty of kisses)