[dundee] Skipping Partman

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 13:03:45 UTC 2009

okay, having found the debian installer, whist very flexiable , I can't get it to do what I want....... so I decided just to partition and format using a script.

My script works!!! at the end of it, I end up with all my lovery partions and weird configuration....

/target mounted, and ready to install.....

but no!!!!!

partman still runs, unmount my file system. Remouting them with partman is fine, but there goes my 'automatic' installation.....

is the anyway to skip partman?

google points me to 'oh, just modify the partman udeb!!' , with no documentation or examples on how this would be done?

any idea's , me dears..

is it me, or is the whole debian installer poorly documented? and documentation I find, is either out of date, or written in mega debian geek language....

Cheers,
Lee