[dundee] Skipping Partman

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 20 13:29:30 UTC 2009

2009/3/20 Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk>

> okay, having found the debian installer, whist very flexiable , I can't get
> it to do what I want....... so I decided just to partition and format using
> a script.
>
> My script works!!! at the end of it, I end up with all my lovery partions
> and weird configuration....
>
> /target mounted, and ready to install.....
>
> but no!!!!!
>
> partman still runs, unmount my file system. Remouting them with partman is
> fine, but there goes my 'automatic' installation.....
>
> is the anyway to skip partman?
>
> I always use parted magic live cd to do all partition setting up prior to
installing any operating system, parted magic has also got hard disk testing
tools, g4l and a host of other things. It saves grief if any installer is a
bit buggy (some are more buggier than others) and prevents your partition
system getting mucked up. Installing Debian Lenny was a breeze because I had
prepared my partitions prior to installation.

Gordon