[dundee] dundee Digest, Vol 223, Issue 6

Tim Simpson tr.simpson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 07:17:40 UTC 2009

>Hi Folks,

Nick thanks for you input I searched literally a couple of weeks ago
and could find references to i586 version of Arch but all the links
were dead / broken

I will download and try out this weekend, the drivers are far from
cutting edge and thats part of the problem they have been written for
far older kernels and at the moment I cant get them to compile hence
my looking for older versions of Archlinux

As I said the machine itself performs pretty well with debain and
lxde but I'd really like to get the pen working so the system can be
used as it was intended a keyboardless tablet device

Enjoyed the talk last night, where can I found out more shellcode

Tim

>On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Nicholas Walker
><tel0seh at googlemail.com>wrote:
>
> > well, It seems I've spoken too soon.
> >

> > http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=79660
> >

> > was trawling the arch boards, and just so happened to find that handy post
> > where someone has ported arch to i586.
> >
> > his installable media is here: http://archlinux-i586.org/iso/
> >
> > and you'll want to use these for your mirrors in /etc/pacman.conf
> >
> > [core]
> > Server = http://chaox.net/~jens/arch-i586/core
> <http://chaox.net/%7Ejens/arch-i586/core>
> >
> > [extra]
> > Server = http://chaox.net/~jens/arch-i586/extra
> <http://chaox.net/%7Ejens/arch-i586/extra>
> >
> > give me a shout if you need any more info.

Best Wishes

Tim Simpson

tr.simpson at blueyonder.co.uk