[dundee] dundee Digest, Vol 223, Issue 6

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:49:26 UTC 2009

Hey Tim,

It depends what you're looking for. if you're looking for a step by step
guide on writing your own shellcode, and you already know a good chunk of
ASM, then you'll want to get hold of a copy of Hacking, The Art of
exploitation, by John Erickson. if you're looking for some examples of
shellcode, and what they can do, check out these links.

http://milw0rm.com/shellcode/
http://www.metasploit.com/shellcode/ with a demo at
http://metasploit.com:55555/PAYLOADS

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Tim Simpson <tr.simpson at blueyonder.co.uk>wrote:

> >Hi Folks,
>

> Nick thanks for you input I searched literally a couple of weeks ago
> and could find references to i586 version of Arch but all the links
> were dead / broken
>
> I will download and try out this weekend, the drivers are far from
> cutting edge and thats part of the problem they have been written for
> far older kernels and at the moment I cant get them to compile hence
> my looking for older versions of Archlinux
>
> As I said the machine itself performs pretty well with debain and
> lxde but I'd really like to get the pen working so the system can be
> used as it was intended a keyboardless tablet device
>
> Enjoyed the talk last night, where can I found out more shellcode
>
> Tim
>

> >On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Nicholas Walker
> ><tel0seh at googlemail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > well, It seems I've spoken too soon.
> > >

> > > http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=79660
> > >

> > > was trawling the arch boards, and just so happened to find that handy
> post
> > > where someone has ported arch to i586.
> > >
> > > his installable media is here: http://archlinux-i586.org/iso/
> > >
> > > and you'll want to use these for your mirrors in /etc/pacman.conf
> > >
> > > [core]
> > > Server = http://chaox.net/~jens/arch-i586/core<http://chaox.net/%7Ejens/arch-i586/core>
> > <http://chaox.net/%7Ejens/arch-i586/core>
> > >
> > > [extra]
> > > Server = http://chaox.net/~jens/arch-i586/extra<http://chaox.net/%7Ejens/arch-i586/extra>
> > <http://chaox.net/%7Ejens/arch-i586/extra>
> > >
> > > give me a shout if you need any more info.
> > >

> Best Wishes
>
> Tim Simpson
>
> tr.simpson at blueyonder.co.uk

Nick Walker