[dundee] rackmount server cabinet

lug at vulcan25.org lug at vulcan25.org
Tue Feb 23 12:01:03 UTC 2010

Hi guys.

I've just re-joined the list, having not been to one of the Dundee
meetings for a while now, and was looking for some advice on the
following:

I'm trying to get ahold of a second-hand rackmount server cabinet.

Looking for something between 16-21u, with a 800mm depth, to hold a
few proliant servers.

I've priced these new, but I'm looking at upwards of £250 for this
depth of cabinet; and as this item is for my own use I can't justify
the cost.

My question:  does anyone have something like this they're looking to
get rid of (would pay cash + collect).

Or does anyone know of any computer recyclers in the East of Scotland
area (even glasgow) that would have this type of refurbished item.
I've had a good search on google, but all that seems to bring up is
companies selling brand new cabinets.

I've stopped short of phoning through a list of IT disposal companies,
and wondered if anyone from the LUG can point me in the right
direction ... (maybe someone who has purchased this type of item before)

Cheers,
Jonathan.