[dundee] project ideas

Marcel Hecko marcel at shmu.org.uk
Fri Jan 22 08:53:33 UTC 2010

I have just done an analysiss of .sk TLD domain scanning all 200.000
websites and getting HTTP Server information from HTTP headers. This
idea opens up many opportunities in doing quick security overview of
many domanis - like reading the .htaccess or .htpasswd files and so
forth. It is amazing how many second-level domains have .htaccess file
publicly available. My analysis have been focused on getting the
Apache/IIS/gninx/lighttp usage ratio, so purely statistical, not
security analysis.

Marcel

On 21/01/2010 18:44, Bjo McMullen wrote:

> Hi guys, im trying to think of a project based on network security,
> was planning to do botnet analysis  but would like to hear ideas from
> other people. Any ideas most welcome
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> joe

please reply to
marcel at shmu.org.uk

Marcel Hecko
Connected SHMU Project Manager
Station House Media Unit
Station Road, Woodside,
Aberdeen  AB24 2WB
Tel - 01224 515013

www.shmu.org.uk

listen to our community radio station live on 99.8FM and at www.shmufm.net

SHMU is a charity registered in Scotland - SC034211 and a registered Limited Company - SC332413

This message is not intended to have contractual effect