[dundee] XBox Linux - USB, soft-modding

Sean McRobbie lug at seany.us
Sun Jan 31 18:56:58 UTC 2010

I exploited mine by hot-swapping the drive after powered on via the xbox to unlock secure IDE.

Required no game or stick/memory cards, however I did have to upgrade to a later exploitable version of xbox dashboard (file by file!) to get this working.

If you do this, don't forget to power the drive using the PSU of the PC - the xbox will cut power after "inactivity".

Regards,
Sean McRobbie