[dundee] Emacs and org-mode

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 17 14:28:02 UTC 2010

Kris Davidson wrote:
> You need to, or rather I've needed to compile twice in my setup. There
> are a few files that get created in the first compilation that aren't
> pulled into the final document until step two (TOC, references) also
> to update page numbers etc if these files exist from a previous
> compilation. I did mine fairly low level though without a make file
> etc.

For a "from clean" source the maximum number of compilation steps is 4
(latex, then bibtex, then latex again, then final latex again to get
the page references right for anything that shifted position following
the previous latex run).

> Its fairly easy to convert the references and it'll pay off when you
> do the paper, Google Scholar has Bibtex files so you could just search
> download them copy all the files into one.

The other way I've found fairly recently is the isbn2bib script by
David Griffith (google it!) - give it an ISBN number and it gives you
a full BiBTeX reference for that publication that you can then paste
into your .bib file... And once you've cited something in one paper,
you never have to retype the reference information again, its all in
your .bib file...

--

Cheers

Colin

Rev Colin Brough
Minister
Fintry Parish Church of Scotland, Dundee
Scottish Charity Number: SC020742

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk