[dundee] Emacs and org-mode

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Mon May 17 21:14:04 UTC 2010

Yay. More problems! I still haven't done references but I have
something that I am wanting to put into a textbox. This is an extended
example of one of the possible applications of my research, so I would
like to separate it from the bulk of the text (hence the textbox).
I don't know how to do this.
I used:
\fbox{3 paragraphs of text here}
however this put it all in one line going off the page to the right. Fun.
then I looked up and someone said to use
\fbox{\parbox{somesizein cm}{3 paragraphs of text here}}
this worked better. I have to specify the width of the textbox, I
could do that. I can work it out from my margins. No problem.
The problem is it now flows off the bottom of the page. More fun.

Oh LaTeX... why oh why when I'm singing your praises to people who are
struggling doing their contents, list of tables and page numbering in
Word, why when I have thought you so amazing, do you turn around and
bite me in the ass and not let me make a simple text box?

Anyone? Ideas please?

Want this dissertation to be over.
Meh.
Nistur