[dundee] Emacs and org-mode

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Mon May 17 21:44:08 UTC 2010

On 17 May 2010 22:13, Nistur <nistur at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yay. More problems! I still haven't done references but I have
> something that I am wanting to put into a textbox. This is an extended
> example of one of the possible applications of my research, so I would
> like to separate it from the bulk of the text (hence the textbox).
> I don't know how to do this.
> I used:
> \fbox{3 paragraphs of text here}
> however this put it all in one line going off the page to the right. Fun.
> then I looked up and someone said to use
> \fbox{\parbox{somesizein cm}{3 paragraphs of text here}}
> this worked better. I have to specify the width of the textbox, I
> could do that. I can work it out from my margins. No problem.
> The problem is it now flows off the bottom of the page. More fun.
>
> Anyone? Ideas please?

I don't know much about LaTeX, but in org-mode you can use blocks like:

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
quoted text
goes here
#+END_QUOTE

You also get the blocks BEGIN_EXAMPLE, BEGIN_VERSE, BEGIN_CENTER and
BEGIN_SRC which I would guess might export as something close to what
you want...  But then I've never tried, so YMMV =)

R.