[dundee] ARCH LINUX INTRO

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 10:19:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 17:54:53 +0000
azmodie <azmodie at gmail.com> wrote:

> nice little into to arch linux for those that haven't spent an
> evening listening to nick :)
>
> http://goo.gl/dJTJC
>
> azmodie

I've never used it but I did have to look into it a little the other
week. I was quite surprised to find that Ruby 1.9 is installed by
default (probably the only distro that currently does this) while Ruby
1.8 has to be installed via AUR, which looks a little more involved and
a little too unofficial. I don't mind 1.9 being the default but I think
having 1.8 properly supported is important. Have I missed something
here?

James