[dundee] What went on at the the SRC

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 20 09:58:13 UTC 2011

On 20 October 2011 08:11, Paul Sutherland <newsonthegrapevine at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> Does the ruling require active or former (alumni) students to be involved?
>
> I am an alumnus and a lifetime member of the Abertay Student's Association,
in fact there are a lot of TayLUG members that are Abertay alumni. I got a
phone call in February 2010 from the University of Abertay, they were on a
fund raising drive trying to get Alumni to contribute back to the
University. I was told that they wanted Alumni to help the University and
students after they graduate and to take an active interest in University
activities. I said that I continue to donate time, money & interest through
the Abertay Linux Society and went on to explain how the Abertay Linux
Society worked where students, alumni & general members of the public came
together at meetings etc. So the University authorities wants us to maintain
an active interest and now the Student's Association doesn't.

Gordon