[dundee] war stories

Markus Tauber markus.tauber at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sat Sep 10 16:33:46 UTC 2011

Hi

As mentioned last Thursday in the pub (err I mean at the meeting) I am planing to include some "Linux War Storries" in may SFD talk and would appreachiate if you can share some of your war storries with me.

My talk aims to give newbies an idea what sort of things they have to cope with and how to survive - it also gives Linux veterans an idea what newbies expect (based on a survey) A rather non-exiting example of my war storries include: Spell checking in standard/default open office installation in ubuntu 10.04 did not work. After reading in the documentaion of open office that spell checking is done via myspell I've fixed it by installing myspell.

cheers
Markus

Dr. Markus Tauber
School of Computer Science