[dundee] June 28th talk - Raspberry Pi, by Kris Findlay

Stuart McCulloch Anderson root-theos at nxfifteen.com
Mon Jun 25 06:25:53 UTC 2012

Good morning everyone,

Another fine Monday and once again the weekend felt like it was five days to short. Non the less at less it seems like the weather is going to improve somewhat.

Still its last week of the month and we've got a LUG meeting.

A few weeks ago we started talking about the Raspberry Pi and what we could actually do with it, now in response this Thursday Kris Findlay will be talking to us all about his experience with them and the projects hes been working with.

As always ill see you all this Thursday June 28th in The Burgh Coffee House from six thirty (18:30)

title :-
Introduction and demo of the raspberry pi £25 computer by Kris Findlay

abstract :-
The Raspberry Pi is a new computer primarily designed to
encourage children and schools into teaching more about programming and
electronics.
designed in the UK and now being distributed by two of the largest
electronics company. this very capable embed computer has already made its
way into some schools and various geeky projects. other company's are
developing expansion boards for development and education. including the
expEYES  an open experimentation platform from India.

There will more detailed overview of the device and some of the various
developments.
Including details of running XBMC 1080p
as mentioned in Stuarts Anderson's talk last month.