[dundee] Removing a blocked site from an IPCop firewall

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Sun Dec 1 00:44:32 UTC 2013

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:53:02 +0000, malcolm wrote:

> Hello again.
>
> I added a site, youtube, to my IPCop firewall some years ago.  It was
> done, IIRC, as root.  I cannot for the life of me remember how I did
> it and would now like to remove the block.
>
> I've googled but to no avail.

Something like

# iptables -L -n --line-numbers

to find the required rule, probably in the OUTPUT chain.

then something like

# iptables -D OUTPUT 5

if it was rule number 5 in the OUTPUT chain.

If you don't see the rule, it may be in another table. specify the -t
option to select it.

# cat /proc/net/ip_tables_names

will show what tables you have (filter is the default table)

Andrew