[Exeter] IMPORTANT! - Friday's Meeting -

m.dinsmore m.dinsmore at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 11 12:43:30 UTC 2012

I'm available this Friday if the meet is on, Saturday afternoons would not be great for me but obviously you guys carry on if that suits more folks...

Cool that you've managed to source some more machines Rob, I've been given a Amd Athlon 64 based machine that does not have a hard drive, there's 512mb memory, a card reader (probably not SDHC), floppy and several USB ports (not sure which class), it happily loads a ltsp session using pxe boot, is that of any use?

Regards,

MalcolmRob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk> wrote:On 10/12/12 10:51, Rick Timmis wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I have double booked myself for Friday night, as it is my wifes work
> Christmas party.
>
> Thus, I shan't be able to make the LUG Meeting.
>
> You can go ahead and hold the meeting, you simply need to ask the folks
> in the shop to open the community centre.
>
> The shop also sells Tea, Coffee, Chocolate, Wines, and Beers too, and
> Mince Pies.
>
> I hope that you're able to have the meeting, in my absence, and if
> someone could write it up in the wiki that would be perfect
>
> Cheers
>
> Rick

Rick,

Just a thought, I think a lot of us have commitments this time of year
with work parties and christmas meals, nativities for the kids etc.  I
wonder if it might possibly be worth re-scheduling the meeting for a
weekend?  Maybe a Saturday afternoon just for this month?

I've got a couple of more machines I've managed to get, I've yet to test
them (when I got them it was chucking it down with rain and they've been
in my garage, so I need to bring them in the house to air then out a bit).

I'm keeping an eye out for other machines on Freecycle, at the moment
I'm not quick enough in most cases but if I hear of anything I'm
pouncing as soon as I can :-)

Rob