[Exeter] Meeting update

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 11:17:57 UTC 2012

On 13/10/12 09:50, Rick timmis wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I have updated the ExterLUG website this morning, and I notice Rob put info up about the Ark project too, thanks Rob.
>
> Already we're building quite a body of interesting stuff on the site, and remember its a WiKi so hit the Edit button and add your thoughts and idea's too.
>
> I shall meet Paula on Sunday and get a couple of pictures and post further updates then
>
> Great meeting last night, and made me realise that pulling the Internet cafe to bits at our meetings, and generally breaking things really is great fun.
>
> We won't make mention of the weapons development work that was taking place in the main hall, as we don't want the CIA taking an interest. Suffice to say the launchers needs some work to correctly identify the enemy :-)

It was a good meeting, it was certainly helpful to find out what they
want to do, so we now have a better idea of what we need to source (such
as more machines than we've managed to secure so far).

The Wii interactive white board thing looks interesting too, well if we
can get the source converted to run on Linux :-)

I've typed up the 'slides' from the presentation last night and I'll
bung them on the Wiki this weekend.  It's been a while since I used a
Wiki so I need to get the hang of it.  I also crudely copied the
building layout into a couple of images on LibreOffice Draw, it's by no
means to scale (I do wonder if we can get copies of the room layout in
maybe PNG or SVG format from the architect?).  I did try and upload them
last night but it seems that they're not showing up.  If all else fails
I can possibly upload them somewhere so anyone who wants a copy can
download them.

I really liked Tom's weapons development too, I'm intrigued on how he
managed to link it to a mobile phone, I think that could be a handy
thing to play with.

Rob