[ExeterLUG] new forum

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Wed Dec 18 18:47:12 UTC 2013

On 18/12/13 14:53, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Dec 2013, Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Just joined this http://www.techyheadz.com it's a new forum for techy
>> people just like us,  set up by Tom Haliday who is involved with the
>> plan for a Devon Fab Lab, i think this could be a really good resource
>> for bringing people together, and could potentially help lug members
>> reach out to people form whom the lug may not be their ideal forum,
>> this forum covers a lot more.
>>
>> Hope this helps and can complement the lug at least.
>
> Not another bloody webby forum/place/thing.
>
> I was going to do something similar with the opendevon.org domain, but
> there's far too much fragmentation already.
>
> It's just crap - too many places to keep up with - TomD using using
> LinkedIn, everyone else wants their own little rinky dinky corner of
> the web and no-one can keep up with everything.
>
> tis obviously the season to be bah humbugs!
>
> Gordon

I see your point, these things spring up precisely due to the
fragmentation,   so we end up with more and more, maybe what can happen
is that this one forum can point to others,  as in if I create a topic
for both lugs, and within that topic simply post web links to each,
then it signposts people to the user groups.

just a thought,

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Exeter Lug meet : 13th December 2013 - http://exeter.lug.org.uk/
Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam 14th December 2013 - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.