[ExeterLUG] pibow vesa mount

Gordon Henderson gordon+lug at drogon.net
Fri Sep 27 13:33:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> As the lug pi is in a pi bow case is it worth getting one of these vesa
> mount kits,  so it can be attached to the monitor
> http://thepihut.com/products/vesa-mount-pibow.
>
> It may help and mean less wires around and possibly reduce potential
> damage,  if it helps I have a stack of bubble wrap at home which I can
> bring to a future meeting so we can wrap the monitor up and really
> protect it from damage.

Why does the LUG have a Pi? (Why does it own anything for that matter?)

Does it own the monitor too?

Anyway, why not buy it direct from Pimoroni and save £1.

http://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/cases/products/pibow-vesa-mount

FWIW: I have one of these, but have stopped using it - mostly becuase it's
impossible to do "stuff" with the Pi when it's screwed to the back of a
monitor and I'm not really into dedicating a Pi as a media/set top box
type of thing.

Gordon