[ExeterLUG] Internet safety advisors

Gordon Henderson gordon+lug at drogon.net
Sat Sep 28 10:18:36 UTC 2013

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013, Rick.Timmis wrote:

> Hi Paul
>
> Excellent idea, perhaps once we've agreed what we're doing and when.

Is it? (sorry what is - oh, you've top posted- bah. let me fix that for
you)

> As we want to try and do another software freedom day type event but one
> that has focus on specific topics etc,
>
> is it worth trying to invite people such as this
> http://www.kidsokonline.com/
> on board the lug, or to these events with the aim of promoting internet
> safety, esp as the get involved page on the dcglug site is geared up to
> promote advantages of getting involved with free software projects.
>
> just a thought.
>
> Paul
> <http://www.kidsokonline.com/>

We're a Linux User Group - not a kindergarden. I'm sure some people have
interests in both camps, but I'm not part of a Linux user group to teach
people how to behave online.

> P.S I can save you 25% on your domestic and business bills. Ask me how !

You're selling Utility Warehouse and a big fuss was made when Neil was
doing this too and he's since remove it from his posts. Can you remove it
from your posts here please?

Gordon