[ExeterLUG] lug meet write up

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sat Jun 14 08:19:07 UTC 2014

Excellent lug meet last night,  most of the evening was spent trying to
get a shot saver golf watch working on Linux,  Toms stirling work got 90
percent of the way with wine and the software that came with the
program.  Wine seems to be getting better.

I posted a link to the exeter lug list, so we could try the software on
the computer with the device plugged in, as I was using my netbook for
google searching,  it seemed easier to share it,  but its on the list
for others to try,

so this adds some context to the link posted

https://code.google.com/p/kalenji-gps-watch-reader/wiki/Downloads

We could do with a monitor at the ark with either a hdmi or dvi input or
the lug needs to buy a Pi-view device.  Is there any money in the pot
for this ?  if we can get something small and lightweight it is easer
for us to move this around.

I also grabbed some more lug business cards,   so we are running short,
as there is a mistake on them it says http://www.exeter.lug.org.uk,
rather than http://exeter.lug.org.uk,   I discussed with Trevor and it
should be pretty simple to change the dns settings or ask lug.org.uk to
point things in the right place so both url's work.   We could so with
some sort of marketing push,  to reach out to more techies in Exeter and
let them know we are around.

In other news we now have a server for the file server at exwick ark,
there was discussion regarding the website, and discussion on other
topics.  so another useful social / techie gathering.

Thank you to all that attended.  The next meeting, if I understand the
scheduling correctly will be 11th July.  Please could someone confirm
and add to the website.

Other events

14th June - Torbay Pi jam
5th July - Exeter Pi jam
12th July - Torbay Pi jam

Paul

- --
http://www.zleap.net
@zleap14
Torbay Raspberry Pi jam info - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and
vulnerable groups and expect any school, establishment or organsation that
I am involved with to share this commitment.