[ExeterLUG] Wireless Router Help

Daniel Smith dan at todayintech.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 21:57:12 UTC 2014

Good evening folks,

I am installing a wireless router into an office soon and need some help
on deciding what router to buy.

The connection is ADSL2+ and they already have a modem going into the
office which works fine.

I would like to use a router that I can just join to the modem via an
ethernet cable as I know some ISPs get funny about replacing the modem
altogether, I have also read that there can sometimes be dropouts if you
replace the modem altogether.

Does anybody have any low cost recommendations for this? All I want to
do is connect a router to the modem via ethernet and set it up so that
people can use the internet wirelessly in the office.

Regards

Dan