[ExeterLUG] Wireless Router Help

Rick.Timmis Rick.Timmis at Abazander.com
Sat Nov 1 23:19:30 UTC 2014

Daniel Smith <dan at todayintech.co.uk> wrote:Good evening folks,

I am installing a wireless router into an office soon and need some help
on deciding what router to buy.

The connection is ADSL2+ and they already have a modem going into the
office which works fine.

I would like to use a router that I can just join to the modem via an
ethernet cable as I know some ISPs get funny about replacing the modem
altogether, I have also read that there can sometimes be dropouts if you
replace the modem altogether.

Does anybody have any low cost recommendations for this? All I want to
do is connect a router to the modem via ethernet and set it up so that
people can use the internet wirelessly in the office.

Regards

Dan

Hey Dan

Take a look at this, its budget but I think it's upto the job for a small office.

http://www.ebuyer.com/263390-tp-link-wireless-n300-access-point-range-extender-tl-wa801nd

HTH

Rick Timmis