[Falkirk] Ghost Town

George Peattie gpeattie at tystie.com
Mon Jun 20 21:22:28 BST 2005

This is usually a topic that will get a bit of traffic on a mailing list, in a
pub meet it could get even more heated, possibly as wild as debates about
editors.

For the record after many satisfied years with SuSE I gave up upgrading my
machine and came to Kubuntu through Knoppix->Debian->Ubuntu. Prior to SuSE I
used slackware for a quite a few years, dabbled with Red Hat around 4.2 -
mainly because I was also using it on Sun boxes. So far Kubuntu has given me
most pleasure, polished, well setup and very few gotchas (some ruby config
issues and Kppp problems.

For the record vi, for no other reason than my hands know it through long
years of use (from HP UX and before) and I don't need to think about editing
only what I'm actually trying to do. Having said that I probably use kate
more these days.