[Falkirk] Server distro

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Nov 7 10:19:05 UTC 2009

Ross Imlach wrote:
> I recently updated my server to the latest Ubuntu (Karmic), but Its been
> pretty unstable since the upgrade, so I've decided to move onto another
> distro. Can anyone point me towards a good server distro?

Ross, you don't say specifically what problems you've been having with
9.10, could you perhaps elaborate?

In terms of deploying Ubuntu to servers (which is my default state), I
find it's best to stick with the LTS releases.  I run 8.04 LTS on all my
servers and haven't had any OS-related problems in a long time.  Perhaps
if you hang on for 10.04 LTS (due in April)?

-n