[Falkirk] Growing the group

Callum Scott scott.callum at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:22:39 UTC 2014

Does anyone apart from you and Linus Torvalds actually use Google+ any
more? :p

>From my experience with the Herald with Scouts and the Lug, you need to
make sure there is something interesting for them to talk about.  Simply
saying that there is a meeting on is not good enough.  They also tend to
just make shit up, so you need to make sure the have a reasonably narrow
thing to talk about. You may want to pair that up with a talk that has a
broader appeal. (I should probably have done that with the Patrick Harvie
meet, but meh).  Additionally, something I never worked out how to do, was
to get the group into the reguluar "Whats On" pages, which list all the
local groups and where and when they meet.

Tony Dyer is Mr Linux at the Collage, maybe Colin can help with getting the
group a presence on the Falkirk and Stirling Campuses?
--
Callum