[Falkirk] July Meet - Gordon Guthrie "Riak" - *NEW VENUE*

Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 01:53:02 UTC 2015

Hi all,

So, as discussed earlier on the list, the Star Inn has decided that
they can sell more drinks by using that room for other puposes,
leaving us without a venue at short notice.

Happily (and thanks entirely to Douglas' hard work) we have arranged a
deal with Sportsters on Princes St to have our pre-meet meal there,
and thus get access to their function room for our talk. Result! As
such, we'll be meeting at Sportsters from 6pm rather than the Carron
Works. Please do come along for food if you can make it! As usual,
we'll head through for the talk from about 7.30pm. Please do circulate
this change of venue to anyone yo feel may not have seen it. We'll try
to check on the Carron Works to catch stragglers though ;)

This month we should be hearing from the inimitable Gordon Guthrie
about all things Riak related. Those of you who have had the pleasure
of seeing Gordon speak will agree, he's generally not to be missed ;)

Hope to see you next week!
Greg