[Falkirk] Venue troubles

Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:42:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Sadly, I've been informed by the Star Inn (with pretty much no
warning, annoyingly) that they no longer wish us to use their upstairs
room for our meets.

This presents with a venue shortage. Douglas has done a little
digging, and discovered that Sportsters would be willing to host us,
on the basis of us getting food there as well as our drinks. The room
is apparently quite suitable, with a projector and screens already
present. Tuesday is apparently a slow night for them, and the prospect
of a few more meals and drinks sold is attractive. Sportsters also
brings us nicely back into the centre of the town for those using
non-car transport.

The menu[0] looks pretty similar to the Carron Works, so I'd be
willing to give this a try, but I wanted to give people a chance to
raise any concerns or suggest possible other venues. We have just
under three weeks to the next LUG, so realistically thats only a week
or so to decide. Thus, if people have concerns/suggestions, please get
back to me promptly.

In the absence of any data, I'll confirm the move to Sportsters in a week or so.

Regards,
Greg