[Falkirk] Volunteers wanted for the website

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Sep 10 14:59:39 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 9:19 PM, Greg Sutcliffe <greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Following up on this then - sounds like we're agreed on something
> simple, probably statically generated and the source held somewhere
> public, and the actual site on some simple hosting platform.

Why not, then, use GitHub Pages?  The site is a GitHub repo, and the
hosting is handled by them.  Using a custom domain name rather than
<projectname>.github.io is as simple as putting the new name in a file
in the root of the repo and committing.

If you want a hand, I'm happy to help, did this a while back for a web
community I'm part of: http://evolt.org/
https://github.com/evoltorg/evoltorg.github.io

-n