[Glastonbury] Delurk

Tim Hall glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 12 15:33:00 2003

Greetings all,

On Thursday 12 June 2003 11:14, nick irwin wrote:
> Wow I must be the youngest on the list, cause that meant NOTHING to me. I
> heard Martins stories of how he had to write programs on punch cards that
> were put into the computer over night etc. but I reckon you're all making
> it up :)
>
> My first computer was a P75 with Windows 95 installed... Sometimes I wonder
> which of us got a better start in the computing world.

Hmm, I'm not so young myself, but I waited until '95 (year & Win distro)
before I got involved with computers. My only regret was not having got
involved with *nix earlier. I think we do have it easier now (thank
goodness). I didn't own my own computer even till last year - so far I reckon
I've spent about 70 quid on it (including software :-) and it's all legal and
MINE! (except for the borrowed bits of hardware). Linux has made grown-up
computing available for the masses. I'm grateful for that.

cheers

tim hall