[Glastonbury] The openCD

peter.t.cole at lineone.net peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Wed Aug 25 12:13:43 BST 2004

I have down loaded the openCD it seems a really good way of getting Windows
users on to Open Source  software.

I am open to comment on the next bit.

I have been tying to think of ways of getting open source products out to
the masses, first though was to take out an add in the Blackmore vale mag
 and try and get an editorial on the subject, but that was as far as I got
on that one.

the next thought that i had was to burn 5 or 6 copies of the open CD and
sent it too the MD's of the big supermarkets and suggest that they had a
whole load of CD's and gave them away to customers or sold at a small fee
to cover cost's and any money left over could be split between  charitys
and Open Source projects.

I think i may well be spitting into the wind on this but if even just one
of the chains took this up it would get Open Source software out to a lot
of people with out the shock of having to change OS ( we could add knoppix
as well ) .

Any thoughts would be appricatied

Regards

Peter