[Glastonbury] Volunteers + Hardware

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 12:22:16 GMT 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, steve wrote:

> I am happy to be a third person resident in Galstonbury who could help out in
> this capacity if needed, advanced notice obviously preferred.

Thanks Steve -- you're on!

> I will be able to make the next meeting so we can discuss any further
> "organisational" requirements there may be.
> I am looking foward to seeing you all again and finding out more about the
> LPI course.

See you there -- as for the LPI course, I hope to get it all up on a VLE
on the lugog.org.uk website very soon.

> the transfiguration of the group has come at the right time
> ... as from September 2006 there
> will be no Linux boxes in use around the school for curriculum or admin use
> other than as LIVECD demonstration bootups for ICT classes.

Very sorry to hear that -- what happens to all the work you put in getting
the networks set up?  Will they just be scrapped?

>  introducing
> the  "My first INGOT" certification in the summer term.

Would you like to talk to us about that sometime?

> I am also currently looking at using the "studio to go" distro
> http://www.ferventsoftware.com/ for developing a KS4 music technology course
> much like the INGOT is based around Open Office and Open Source applications.
> Currently there is no GCSE in Music Technology.

Care to talk to us about that one, too?
Lots of good stuff happening here.

> See you on the 14th ~
> Hey isn't that date significant?