[Glastonbury] meeting, January 24th 2006

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 04:08:55 GMT 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Sean Miller wrote:

> BA6 9BY is the postcode for St. Dunstans, where we used to meet...

  ... and where the Adult Learning Centre used to have its offices.
Hence the booboo.

BA6 9NP  *is*  the correct postcode -- MikeH proved this last night by
plumbing it into his tom-tom, and actually getting to the right place!

> Interestingly, the postcode checker lists it as "Abbotts Court" (with 2
> Ts)...

  .. which, incidentally, is the spelling I used when I first referred to
the place.  (I then "corrected" it for later postings.  No idea where I
got the original spelling from -- must have seen it somewhere.)

> I shall have to look at the sign next time I am there... always
> assumed it was based on the Abbots of Glastonbury, but maybe the man who
> built it was called Abbott or similar...

Had a look this afternoon -- it's 'Abbots'.
Rum, that.

> Official PAF (Post Office Address Format) address is...
>
> Glastonbury I C T Centre
> Abbotts Court
> Benedict Street
> GLASTONBURY
> Somerset
> BA6 9NP
> United Kingdom

I think we'd better let Steve Lazenby (Centre Manager) know!