[members at lugog] Fwd: 123-reg: 3 day domain renewal notice

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Wed Feb 3 08:02:52 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I'm assuming folks want me to renew the domain?

I'd like to set up a "website team", to post updates etc. of what the
group is doing and, perhaps, write or find (reproduced with
permission, of course) articles that might be of help to those
venturing into Linux and/or those more advanced but wanting to expand
their knowledge.  If anybody is willing to join that (no need to
commit to any amount of time, just a willingness to help) let me know.

I recall Martin was very keen at one stage to promote Linux
Certification and, indeed, started a course at the ICT Centre when we
still had access to it.  Perhaps we could revisit this, using the
website to complement the "in person teaching" - it may be that more
could be covered in a single session if the information is all there
for "students" to peruse at their leisure later?  I don't know --
Martin might have more idea on this than myself, but I think promoting
Certification would certainly be a good thing for the Group.

Meanwhile, I'd better renew the domain I guess -- but I would like to
see it used more.

Thoughts?

Sean