[members at lugog] Ubuntu hardware compatibility list

Ian Dickinson i.j.dickinson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:51:57 UTC 2011

Thanks for the pointers MJ. For the record, the best answer I got from
the Stack Exchange ubuntu site was:

http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/catalog/category/NETWORK

> Hanging during boot sounds like a driver or settings problem,
> rather than a lack of compatibility.
Well, it's kind of both - there wasn't a built-in driver for the
card's chipset, and we couldn't compile the given driver because there
had been a change in the organization of some of the kernel source
files.

Happily, after a bit of research, we've found a card that's supported
from the kernel with no additional drivers needed, so that machine is
back up and running again.

Ian